Shawlands Primary School!
1 week to go until we re-open!
We are open Wednesday 2nd September!
Breaking News: Our Whole School topic to start the new year is...
'Up and Away!'
To celebrate this we have arranged for Y1-Y6 pupils to visit Penistone Cinema on Friday 11th September in the afternoon. The visit will include travel to and from the cinema, the film 'Up' and an ice-cream in the interval. A full letter will be sent out when we return with more details but we wanted to give some prior warning. The cost of the visit will be £10.00 per child. As our EYFS pupils will still be quite new to full-time education we will run a special cinema event for them in school, details of this are to be confirmed.
As we approach the end of the holidays we wanted to ensure that all parents had seen the updated uniform policy. There are no significant changes. To see our uniform policy please click here!
Other key policies regarding attendance, behaviour, etc are on the 'policies section.'
Finally, next Tuesday (25th August) we will be finalising our new library environment in the afternoon. Y5/6 pupils (new classes) are you bored and want to help? Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to help us from 1pm-4pm.
Please see our Twitter feed below for 'latest news' and interactions...
Our 2015/16 Planner is on the 'calendar' tab...
2015/16 Attendance News will appear here!
School Target: 96.5%
NEW INTRO VIDEO NOW BEING EDITED!
Thank you to Y5/6 for creating and filming the video!
Hello, I'm Mr McClure, the Acting Headteacher. Thank you for taking the time to visit our website!
This site has been prepared to help you and your child by explaining some of the workings and organisation of Shawlands Primary School. We welcome you most warmly and trust that your child’s time here will be both happy and beneficial in every aspect of their education. We are very proud of our pupils, the skills that they have and the way that they contribute fully to our happy and thriving community.
You are always most welcome to visit the school and share our work and success. Shawlands Primary School is fortunate to have so many talented, caring and committed people among its staff, governors and parents. Please keep in touch with what is happening in your child’s school. We view you as active partners and need your informed support for the future and the changes it will bring. Our school has recently launched the 'Pupil Promise' that we are all working towards. This charter is set out below.
At Shawlands Primary we aim to live out our vision of ‘Better Together’, by:
- Having high aspirations/building an inclusive learning environment for all of our pupils and for ourselves as staff, parents, leaders, Governors or pupils
- Ensuring that staff, pupils and parents build effective, positive and strong relationships with the child’s best interests at heart
- Where there is a difference of opinion, we work together to find a common ground that will support and benefit the child(ren)
- Developing confident oral skills, to be a good and attentive listener and to have empathy with others
- Allowing children to work with others to nurture their skills, abilities and talents
- Where possible, to work with external experts to develop a wide range of significant skills
- Allowing staff to be committed to their own professional development and to ensure that all staff can give their children the best provision possible
- Preparing children for life after Shawlands; to be ready for the next stage of their educational development, to be an honest and decent citizen in our community, to be confident and sociable among friends and peers, to be kind and considerate of others
- Giving children the environment and care, guidance and support they need to reach their potential
- Caring for and helping those that are less fortunate than ourselves
- Being active, healthy and always ready to learn
- Promote independence among our pupils and give opportunities to mature and grow
Learning together is learning forever! Our 'Better Together' question of the month!
Tell us all about your Summer Adventures! Where have you visited? Who did you go with? What did you see/learn?
Comments (1)Show Comments
In the summer holidays I am going to Cornwall and when I am there I am going to go bodyboarding and I am going to practise with my violin when I am back at home.