Shawlands Primary School!
Please see our Twitter feed below for 'latest news' and interactions...
2015/16 Attendance: 96.4% (End of 2015/16)
School Target: 96.5%
'We believe in providing opportunities and experiences that make a difference to children's lives now and in the future...'
Hello, I'm Mr McClure, the Headteacher. Thank you for taking the time to visit our website!
This site has been prepared to help you and your child by explaining some of the workings and organisation of Shawlands Primary School. We welcome you most warmly and trust that your child’s time here will be both happy and beneficial in every aspect of their education. We are very proud of our pupils, the skills that they have and the way that they contribute fully to our happy and thriving community.
You are always most welcome to visit the school and share our work and success. Shawlands Primary School is fortunate to have so many talented, caring and committed people among its staff, governors and parents. Please keep in touch with what is happening in your child’s school. We view you as active partners and need your informed support for the future and the changes it will bring. Our school has recently launched the 'Pupil Promise' that we are all working towards. This charter is set out below.
At Shawlands Primary we aim to live out our vision of ‘Better Together’, by:
- Having high aspirations/building an inclusive learning environment for all of our pupils and for ourselves as staff, parents, leaders, Governors or pupils
- Ensuring that staff, pupils and parents build effective, positive and strong relationships with the child’s best interests at heart
- Where there is a difference of opinion, we work together to find a common ground that will support and benefit the child(ren)
- Developing confident oral skills, to be a good and attentive listener and to have empathy with others
- Allowing children to work with others to nurture their skills, abilities and talents
- Where possible, to work with external experts to develop a wide range of significant skills
- Allowing staff to be committed to their own professional development and to ensure that all staff can give their children the best provision possible
- Preparing children for life after Shawlands; to be ready for the next stage of their educational development, to be an honest and decent citizen in our community, to be confident and sociable among friends and peers, to be kind and considerate of others
- Giving children the environment and care, guidance and support they need to reach their potential
- Caring for and helping those that are less fortunate than ourselves
- Being active, healthy and always ready to learn
- Promote independence among our pupils and give opportunities to mature and grow
Our School Rules
Children must follow our school rules at all times:
- Be honest and take responsibility for your actions and conduct
- Be kind and respect yourself, others, our school and all property
- Work hard- give 100% and be the best you can be! Believe in yourself and have an ‘I can’ attitude
- Listen to others and value their opinions and feelings. Team work gets the best results! Remember that we are always ‘Better Together.’
- Be happy and confident. Look smart and move around school safely.
- Set a good example to others
- Never harm another living thing
Learning together is learning forever! Our 'Better Together' theme of the month!
JULY and AUGUST
We are asking all children and families to tell us about their exciting Summer Holiday plans! Who and where are you visiting? What might you find out? What new skills and facts might you learn?
Comments (5)Show Comments
Today we are at the horizon community collage summer school. We are going to the National Union of Minors and to Experience Barnsley. On Friday we are going to the National coal mining museum and tomorrow we are making Vinal record clocks. I will miss shawlands and everyone there so much and I will come to visit soon xx
hi everyone its cool to be in horizon I really miss shawlands
Right now me, Anabeth, Grace L, Charles and Isobel S are at the Horizon CC summer school. Also, on Friday (as we finished at 1:15)all the Shawlands ex Y6s met up at KFC. It was so much fun. I will miss everyone at Shawlands so much. Love you all xx
We're going to Cornwall near Padstow and then a bit further down. One week we are staying in a cottage the other a hut in the San dunes. We are going to go boogie boarding as a family and have lots of fun on the beach. We also have a lot of other things planned in the holidays.
Today I have done race for life in loving memory of my nan. Can't believe I ran 5k in half an hour or something like that. I am gunna make plans with all the shawlands leavers from this year and have so much fun