Shawlands Primary School!
Please see our Twitter feed below for 'latest news' and interactions...
2015/16 Attendance: 96.4% (End of Week 12)
Class of the Week: TBC
School Target: 96.5%
'We believe in providing opportunities and experiences that make a difference to children's lives now and in the future...'
Hello, I'm Mr McClure, the Acting Headteacher. Thank you for taking the time to visit our website!
This site has been prepared to help you and your child by explaining some of the workings and organisation of Shawlands Primary School. We welcome you most warmly and trust that your child’s time here will be both happy and beneficial in every aspect of their education. We are very proud of our pupils, the skills that they have and the way that they contribute fully to our happy and thriving community.
You are always most welcome to visit the school and share our work and success. Shawlands Primary School is fortunate to have so many talented, caring and committed people among its staff, governors and parents. Please keep in touch with what is happening in your child’s school. We view you as active partners and need your informed support for the future and the changes it will bring. Our school has recently launched the 'Pupil Promise' that we are all working towards. This charter is set out below.
At Shawlands Primary we aim to live out our vision of ‘Better Together’, by:
- Having high aspirations/building an inclusive learning environment for all of our pupils and for ourselves as staff, parents, leaders, Governors or pupils
- Ensuring that staff, pupils and parents build effective, positive and strong relationships with the child’s best interests at heart
- Where there is a difference of opinion, we work together to find a common ground that will support and benefit the child(ren)
- Developing confident oral skills, to be a good and attentive listener and to have empathy with others
- Allowing children to work with others to nurture their skills, abilities and talents
- Where possible, to work with external experts to develop a wide range of significant skills
- Allowing staff to be committed to their own professional development and to ensure that all staff can give their children the best provision possible
- Preparing children for life after Shawlands; to be ready for the next stage of their educational development, to be an honest and decent citizen in our community, to be confident and sociable among friends and peers, to be kind and considerate of others
- Giving children the environment and care, guidance and support they need to reach their potential
- Caring for and helping those that are less fortunate than ourselves
- Being active, healthy and always ready to learn
- Promote independence among our pupils and give opportunities to mature and grow
Learning together is learning forever! Our 'Better Together' theme of the month!
As Christmas approaches we'd love to know what you are hoping to receive on the morning of 25th December! Will you be doing anything special this year? Who do you like to spend the day with and why? Why is Christmas special to you and your family?
Comments (4)Show Comments
For Christmas I would love heeles and a giant teddy what I saw in quality save other day. I love spending time with my family at Christmas. All my family love Christmas because we spend time together. Also Christmas is important because Jesus was born. I can't wait to eat my delicious Sunday dinner with my wonderful family and crack crackers to see what fantastic things you can get .
For Christmas I would love makeup, hair accessories and all things girly. I really like lush so I am hoping to find snowfairy shower gel under the tree. I would also like a Hollister body spray, a tangle teaser, little mix concert tickets, Zoella beauty products, girl online on tour etc. Christmas is special because you get to spend time with your family and have some fun. I love singing Christmas songs and I love a dance. I also love spending quality time with family who you see little and often. Christmas and my birthday are my two favourite times of the year.
I hope to receive a phone and happiness! However I will be sharing the great time with my wonderful family and every one will be arriving at my house to enjoy a lovely tastey Christmas dinner and crack crackers! We also celebrate my grandads birthday because it is as special as Christmas!
I hope to get a mosaic art set and at Christmas I will be going to my grand parents for Christmas dinner. I spend Christmas with all my family so we can all see each other at such a wonderful time. Finally It is special because Jesus was born.