Shawlands Primary School!
Please see our Twitter feed below for 'latest news' and interactions...
For upcoming dates and events please check the 'calendar' tab!
Latest Attendance News...
Shawlands Target 2014/15: 96-96.5%
Shawlands Actual 2014/15: 95.7% (end of week 22)
Class of the week:
Epic Explorers (Y3) with 99.7%
Our new 'intro' video is coming soon featuring Mr McClure's 'Welcome to Shawlands!'
Breaking News: Our new website video will be designed, filmed and edited by Year 5...the brilliant Brainiacs!
Hello, I'm Mr McClure, the Head of School. Thank you for taking the time to visit our website!
This site has been prepared to help you and your child by explaining some of the workings and organisation of Shawlands Primary School. We welcome you most warmly and trust that your child’s time here will be both happy and beneficial in every aspect of their education.
You are always most welcome to visit the school and share our work and success. Shawlands Primary School is fortunate to have so many talented, caring and committed people among its staff, governors and parents. Please keep in touch with what is happening in your child’s school. We view you as active partners and need your informed support for the future and the changes it will bring. Our school has recently launched the 'Pupil Promise' that we are all working towards. This charter is set out below.
At Shawlands Primary we aim to live out our vision of ‘Better Together’, by:
- Having high aspirations/building an inclusive learning environment for all of our pupils and for ourselves as staff, parents, leaders, Governors or pupils
- Ensuring that staff, pupils and parents build effective, positive and strong relationships with the child’s best interests at heart
- Where there is a difference of opinion, we work together to find a common ground that will support and benefit the child(ren)
- Developing confident oral skills, to be a good and attentive listener and to have empathy with others
- Allowing children to work with others to nurture their skills, abilities and talents
- Where possible, to work with external experts to develop a wide range of significant skills
- Allowing staff to be committed to their own professional development and to ensure that all staff can give their children the best provision possible
- Preparing children for life after Shawlands; to be ready for the next stage of their educational development, to be an honest and decent citizen in our community, to be confident and sociable among friends and peers, to be kind and considerate of others
- Giving children the environment and care, guidance and support they need to reach their potential
- Caring for and helping those that are less fortunate than ourselves
- Being active, healthy and always ready to learn
- Promote independence among our pupils and give opportunities to mature and grow
Learning together is learning forever! Our 'Better Together' question of the month!
As we have a drive in school to improve problem solving and real-life maths...can you write a word problem and post it here for the rest of your class to solve?
Comments (3)Show Comments
If I have £10 worth of 5p's. how many 5ps's will I have?
Nicol has 5 cakes and she cuts them in to 15 pieces. How many pieces does she have?
Lily has 34 sweets and Minnie has 48 sweets, how many do they have altogether? I double the number 7 and then double my answer- what is the total? Use your 6x table skills to work out what 42 divided by 6 equals? Your inverse skills will help!